We'll let folks on our mailing list know when we are seeking new members. To be added to our list, email us through our contact page.
we have our developer and our site!
Tomo Spaces + Happy City Labs + OUV
we're co-housing lite
We are creating a new kind of multigenerational community where we each have our own apartment and our neighbours are already our friends. We are adapting the cohousing model to reflect the realities of high housing costs in Vancouver.
We call our model "cohousing lite." Instead of designing our village from scratch as most communities do, we've found an innovative developer who owns land and wants to create a new housing model for Vancouver. Each of us wil buy our own self-contained unit in Tomo House. The plans include a common space with kitchen and dining area for regular shared activities and a guest suite for visitors.
We are a positive, energetic, community-minded people who agree that it takes a village to raise a child and enrich the lives of adults. Our goal is to have 1/3 of our units for young families, 1/3 folks who are still working and 1/3 retirees.
We've been hard at work. We've:
- met with 3 city councillors
- met with a city planner
- reached consensus on vision and values
- met with 13 developers and an architect
- held 6 workshops
- held 3 public info sessions
- hired our facilitator, Kathy McGrenera
- been selected as a project by UBC School of Architecture
- found our developer with a site (Tomo Spaces)!
- submitted our rezoning application Nov 2017
- participated in City's neighbourhood open house for our project
- received unanimous approval by members of the Urban Design Panel
- 9 Equity households
- 2 Associate households
Sun April 8– 9:30am am-12:30pm
smart living: how much space do you need?
We think we can live smaller (and better) with great architectural design and furniture.